Categories

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Prayer for protection against harm

Dear Lord,

You know our situation. You already know what is going on in our bodies before we find out. Lord we praise You for giving us the life we have had on this earth so far. We want your will to be done in our lives and we are willing to accept whatever You have in your plan for [name spouse] and me. But Lord, if it is in Your will that we be protected from harm, I ask you put a hedge of protection around [spouse] and me. Protect our spirit, body, mind, and emotions from any kind of evil or harm. I pray specifically for protection from accidents, disease, injury, or any other physical, mental, or emotional abuse. I pray that [spouse] and I will make our refuge "in the shadow of Your wings" until "these calamities have passed by" (Psalms 57:1). Hide us from any kind of evil influences that would come against us. Keep [spouse] and me safe from any hidden dangers and let no weapon formed against us prosper.

Thank You, Lord, for Your many promises of protection. Help us to walk in Your ways and in obedience to Your will so that neither of us would come out from the umbrella of that protection. Keep us safe in all we do wherever we go. Lord we thank You we can lie down and sleep in peace; for You alone make us dwell in safety (Psalms 4:8). We thank You and praise You.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

(Adapted from The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian)

No comments:

Post a Comment